We offer guided kayak tours of the rugged North Shore of Lake Superior. Some of our favorite half day paddles include seeing the sea caves of Crystal Cove and Pallisade Head, Shovel Point, Black Beach and Butterwort Cliffs SNA and the Manitou Falls and Sea Caves are a full day trip. We prefer single kayaks but can accommodate a preference for a tandem. Group size is limited to two singles or one single and two in a tandem. The Big Lake can be fickle and we will cancel for weather at anytime for safety, including but not limited to waves over two feet, winds over 10 knots and storms . Other tours for inland waters can be substituted if desired when the Big Lake isn’t an option. All tour participants must meet all 11 of the American Canoe Associations Essential Eligibility Criteria as follows:
- Breathe independently (i.e., not require medical devices to sustain breathing)
- Independently maintain sealed airway passages while under water
- Independently hold head upright without neck / head support
- Manage personal care independently or with assistance of a companion
- Manage personal mobility independently or with a reasonable amount of assistance
- Follow instructions and effectively communicate independently or with assistance of a companion
- Independently turn from face-down to face-up and remain floating face up while wearing a properly fitted life jacket*
- Get on / off or in / out of a paddlecraft independently or with a reasonable amount of assistance
- Independently get out and from under a capsized paddlecraft
- Remount or reenter the paddlecraft following deep water capsize independently or with a reasonable amount of assistance
- Maintain a safe body position while attempting skills, activities and rescues listed in the appropriate Course Outline, and have the ability to recognize and identify to others when such efforts would be unsafe given your personal situation
Call and leave a message at 218-663-7863 or email us at [email protected] to see about booking or..
Click the button below to check our tour availability.